Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Priceless

Old wooden dog sled, $200; Strip, repair, re-lash and refinish dog sled, $150 in supplies and many hours of labor; More harnesses and tow lines for the “team”, $140; Watching your team string out beautifully around a hairpin turn at a full gallop on a lovely snowy afternoon, PRICELESS!

To be honest, my plan had been to take the gentle right at the fork rather than the hard left. I knew my meager dog driver skills would be sorely tested getting the sled around that hard left. But I went with their plan, crouched low, kept my weight on the left runner, and tried my damndest to bring that sled around fast enough to stay on the trail. The snow was soft and it did not take long to reorganize after I drove the sled off the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment