Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Friendly Fred the Rental Car

"Friendly Fred" my rental car. Once I got over the 6 speed manual transmission (do you really need six gears?) Fred has been a trooper. If I fail so badly with the clutch that I kill the engine he restarts himself. How sweet is that? No whining, no foul mouthed recriminations, just gets that engine going again so fast the other drivers need never detect my incompetence. Fred even disengages the parking brake for me when I put him in gear. Mind you it took me 24 hours to find the parking brake as it is just a small switch on the console. I was looking for a pedal or lever. Fred also turns the engine over if I turn the key partway for power then delay starting. He protects his battery. Maybe I should have called him "Hal".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment