Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Delivery

I had a decent day at work today though by the time I got home I was exhausted. I arrived to an intriguing big padded envelope in my mail. What could it be? I didn’t recall ordering anything so the mystery perked me right up!

The fucking chemo fairy brought me an informational “starter kit” for a drug I started last week. I’d of rather received a quarter under my pillow. The full color materials are covered with photos of happy people going fishing or on a picnic, like a bloody beer commercial. Seriously I think I got a pretty good sense of this stuff when I read the instructions online that warned me to “Wear latex or nitrile gloves when handling tablets that have accidentally been crushed or broken.” Are you kidding me? But don’t forget to toss your daily dose down! Maybe the happy brochure is to make up for that little tidbit? (If I put the broken tablet under my pillow do I get that quarter?)

Actually the new drug looks like it will be a keeper despite the failures of their marketing department. Time will tell. Meanwhile I’ll continue to thrive on a steady diet of sarcasm and swearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment