Thursday, January 23, 2020

Accepting A New Normal


The fact that I’m alive speaks to my acceptance of the reality of my present condition.  Accepting the reality of now does not mean accepting the inevitability of an unchanged future.

I am quite capable of discerning the changes time has wrought from the changes due to illness, or in my case the concomitant medications.  I know my own body and my own mind.  If you have struggled with low energy or other physical issues those are your challenges and I wish you success in dealing with them.  That does not mean that I should expect or accept the same problems in myself.

You have no idea what this new normal you are advocating for entails.  I have coped with a variety of symptoms that interfered with my ability to function in life.  The worst of these are much reduced now, precisely because I did not accept them as my new normal and instead vigorously pursued solutions.  I am not done yet.  Fuck acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment