Thursday, February 13, 2020

Less

Another dose reduction on my med starting today. I am moving to a dose that does not have the data behind it as far as effectiveness. Not that there is evidence it won't work, but not enough data to show that it will. I got a baseline test today, and will be retested in a couple months to be sure it is continuing to keep me in remission.

My doctor was reluctant, more inclined to move me to another drug to avoid side effects or treat the side effects separately. He is appropriately focused on the best option for keeping my leukemia in remission.

I, on the other hand, am making quality of life decisions. In many ways my current drug is a good match. But there are some remaining side effects that need to be reduced. I'm game to make some data and see if this works. I've taken greater risks for the thrill of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment