Thursday, March 27, 2014

Science


Some feel that a scientific view of the world is sterile, lacking beauty and magic.  When I see a sunset, a hummingbird hovering before his floral feast, or the buds unfolding in spring, I am always enamored of the complexity behind the visual beauty.  Knowing that each is the culmination of an elegant interplay of events, built of particles and energy, each behaving precisely as explained through mathematics, gives an intellectual texture to the view that involves my senses all the more.  I love science.  I understand some of what I see and enjoy any chance to increase my understanding of the workings of the world, whether miniscule at the particle level, or the broader patterns of behavior and action that are compiled from those components.  The mind itself is one of our senses.  Understanding brings richness to any experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment