Wednesday, March 5, 2014

She's Back!

Mamma Cass is back on the sled team! Her bags are drying up, particularly the front two that are under the harness. I just did a short run with her today, a couple miles. She ran in lead with Song in a 4 dog team. She was looking to be a great lead dog when I had to pull her out for maternity leave. Still looking great despite not having the mileage and training of the others.  She is ecstatic to be back at work.

I wanted to try my dogs in a 4 dog team as a race I want to go to this weekend does not have a 6 dog class. They did fine. Conditions were dreadful, icy and rutted. A decent path for the dogs but the sled would get in the ruts. Been a while since I've used the brake that much and flipped the sled anyway. Slow motion capsize. Then there was the turn where I'm hanging off the back with one leg turned under, other one almost on my knee, also going fairly slowly and desperately trying to keep the sled upright. I succeeded (that time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment