Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Day to Rest

We had a bit of time to rest before the long trip home.

West coast of Scotland, somewhere north of Ullapool. I had travelled every direction but west so I did that today. This west country was stark and lovely. The hills were covered with moss and ferns and heather, life that survives the cold winds. Somewhat north of these hills there was a rolling flat, sea green with a purple froth of heather. The strong wind made even these close to the ground plants sway in waves.



Moneypenny (my GPS) told me to "follow the road for 25 miles". The road was one lane. It is late summer yet in that landscape you felt winter winds at your back. I made good time, drawn to the tamer lands to the east.

Visit Scotland if you get a chance. It is a beautiful country, vistas changing in feel yet always lovely. Each turn invites you to stop and learn the story of the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment