Friday, September 5, 2014

Bats

This afternoon we left the trial and drove a few miles to Nigg for a walk on the beach. Song has spent a lot of time in a crate and needed some freedom both physically and mentally. She is a very curious dog and loves to explore new places.

Nigg Beach

Nigg Beach

We got back in time to see a lovely run by Gene Sheninger and Sweet, just a point from qualifying for the semis.

I did some late shopping, meat for Song and a nice Scottish steak for me. I cooked it up and settled for the first delicious bite when I noticed a bat flying around the kitchen with me. They are protected in Scotland, a high fine for injuring or killing one. Though there is no rabies here as a member of our local board of health I am aware of a rabid bat in my home town that bit someone. This little guy made me uneasy. I was able to get him out to the sun porch by flapping a towel (as he swooped towards me). I opened the door to the outside so hopefully he has found his way out by morning.

Semi finals tomorrow. Sadly there will be no handlers from USA or Canada. I will watch and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment