Friday, September 5, 2014

The Expatriate

Today I was a Norwegian. I found myself surrounded on three sides by Norwegians in the stands watching the semi finals. There were no competitors left standing from the USA or Canada and the Norwegians had four competitors in the semis. Their enthusiasm was infectious so I decided to root for the Norwegians. They even provided me a Norwegian flag. If you want to have fun, spend time with the Norwegians. Apparently there are a lot of sheep in Norway. Also wolves, lynx, wolverines and bears.

Photo by Ester Nordby


It was not all play today. I studied how handlers managed the sorting on the marked sheds. I have some work to do. New skills for me and my dogs to learn and improving communications. I also saw at least one top handler unable to sort a collared single to either end to take. That makes me feel a bit better.

It was cold and damp sitting in the stands. The running was long and I was cold and hungry. Okay I am always hungry. I was extremely hungry today. I decided to leave before the last four runners. A Scot on the row above told me I would miss the winning run. Sure that he knew one of the upcoming teams was particularly skilled I turned to ask him which. His grin and laugh gave him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment