Thursday, January 15, 2015

iPhone Swan Dive


My new GorillaPod arrived yesterday, with the new-fangled iPhone attachment.  I used a Glif with my previous GorillaPod to attach the iPhone.  The combination worked well, but I think I dropped them out of the van at a trailhead this fall.  These devices allow you to attach an iPhone to almost anything, like a dog sled.  Since the GoPro won’t be here for a week, I decided to video today’s run with the iPhone.  I quickly determined that the new attachment was not sufficiently durable to hold the phone in position, and then it dropped the phone entirely.  Poor Mr. Phone took a dive in the snow.  I waited till he cleared the back of the sled before tromping on the brake and risking annihilating him.  The dogs were not inclined to stop as we’d just gotten going. 

 4.9 miles today.  I was on the Mason rail trail which is groomed so the conditions were fine despite some rain and icing with little snow.  Halfway through our run it began to snow hard.  I love mushing when it is snowing, a Currier and Ives meets Jack London feeling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment