Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finally some fun puppies

Pups have been quite dull for a couple days, except around 10 PM when I put them in their whelping box to spend the night. Then we begin "River Dance". Let me tell you 8 pups playing in a box can make quite a stomping noise.

After their little resting/growing spell they were all quite lively this morning. I fed them in the whelping box, then moved them out to the living room to play themselves out before going into the x-pen. It has been a while since I had a litter so I forgot that it is NOT a good idea to hang out with pups in a robe and slippers (and bare ankles). The robe drapes and flows like the finest of tug toys. The slippers are sheepskin, another prize. The ankles end up taking the brunt of the missed attempts to grab either the slippers or the robe. They miss a lot, and sometimes I'm pretty sure they were going for the ankles. Hard to get pictures with them all hanging off me, but we did manage. Dylan and Aretha were superb this morning at turning away just as I was taking the picture. Janis was a little ham, and clearly wins the cute contest. She's a spicy little pup, as is Aretha. Dusty is right up there. Arlo is a talker, and a runner. Dylan and Jimi seem more laid back. Joni and Cass are the more laid back girls so far. Jimi, Joni, and Aretha seem the most people focused right now, though they all gravitate to people wagging their little tails. Of course in a week it could all change.

No comments:

Post a Comment