Sunday, December 27, 2009

Puppy structures

We looked at how the pups are built yesterday. I drafted Betty Belliveau and she brought along Judy Jo Drake so not only did the pups get an evaluation by two sets of eyes, we got lots of nice new photos.

Long story short, the pups are all quite similar in structure. Nice shoulders, some toe out a bit, good angulation and fairly balanced. No standouts either good or bad. Cass is a bit straighter, but not extreme and balanced.

Judy Jo took photos of the pups standing, as well as some great photos of them playing. I'm afraid my pictures look more than a bit mediocre next to these photos. You can see some of the photos from the session at:

Judy Jo's Gallery

The temperament testers are coming Sunday the 3rd in the morning. I've made preliminary picks on the girls. One girl will be a SAR dog and I've an experienced SAR handler coming for the tests. I need to make sure the pup I picked for SAR is a good fit before I finalize the girl picks. The boys are proving more of a challenge to choose from. They have developed more erratically than the girls. Hopefully this week I'll get a more solid sense of who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment