Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Solid food

I brought the horde out to the living room to spend some time in the x-pen this evening. After watching Song feed the little buggers for an hour, no longer than a minute or two without some number of pups attached, I decided we'd best try some solid food. Let me tell you Jimi caught right on to this. Dusty and Arlo were persuaded to put their nose in the bowl to eat. Aretha finally caught on. Joni slept through most of this, but then woke up and had a virtually private feeding. Most of the others had great fun licking and sucking the mess off their siblings that had made it into the bowl. When I say "into the bowl", I mean into the bowl. More often than not front feet went right in with the nose.

I put them back in the whelping box for the night. I did make an attempt at cleaning the gruel off them before I put them to bed. Song is in there now still trying to clean them up. I'm thinking they are pretty tasty right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment