Thursday, February 13, 2014

Another Snow Storm?


I took the dog sled out this morning for a quick local run before the snow gets too deep on the trails. The dogs did great. They are really learning to travel as a team. I would have had a lot more fun if I had bought the new goggles BEFORE I went out. I was blinded the whole way, squinting and blinking. How did the dogs see? 2.5 miles and they were all organized and pulling the entire way. Only one tangle, right at a place where the sled goes over some big rises as we go around a turn, easy to get some slack lines as the sled drops. We seem to consistently run at about 20 mph at the start. Probably no big deal for real mushers, but to me it feels worthy of Cape Canaveral. 
 


I got a fresh trailer load of small bales over at the field this morning too. It’s a bit dicey backing the trailer up to where I can park it out of the way of the drive. The van was sliding sideways on the snow, usually a bad thing. It actually slid at just the right point to drop that trailer right where I needed it with no corrections. Must be a good day!

Sheep have enough feed to keep them till mid-morning tomorrow. Dogs are exercised and happy. I’m ready for the storm, I hope.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment