Sunday, February 9, 2014

Back to Shepherding, at least part time

This weekend I had to put aside my musher persona for a bit when I remembered that lambing is coming so it was time to do CDT shots and see if any ewes needed worming. Did the CDT yesterday on the way out to go sledding. Today I wormed, again on the way out to the trails. Levi displays BC versatility going from packing the ewes in for me to wheel dog in my sled team. All in a day's work.

 
5.9 miles today, and all on the trails I planned! I've gotten much better at riding the curves on the sled. If I get my weight right the sled just sets on that inside runner and arcs around the curve. If not, well I flipped it again today. Who would have thought "face plant" would be a term I'd be using to describe my dog driving experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment